View Shopping Cart

Harbour Lights

Gallery > Cornish Harbours > Harbours > Harbour Lights
 
 
Twilight falls upon Newquay Harbour on a winter's evening.

The harbour originally featured a medieval quay. The Victorian harbour, in its present shape, was built by Richard Lomax in 1833 and completed by JT Treffry, a mining entrepreneur.

Newquay Harbour was once linked to the railways, the stone block platform in the harbour is a remnant support from that era. A goods line which developed into the Newquay and Cornwall Junction Railway was opened in 1846 from inland clay mines to the harbour, worked by horses. The last trains ran through to Newquay Harbour in about 1924.

* Panoramic view made from 3 individual overlapping frames

**Limited Edition of 30 mounted Fine Art Giclee panoramic prints
Return to Album
RSS: RSS Mash | Blog - Phil-osophy on Landscape Photography | Photos RSS